If your productivity was set in the world of The Matrix, a very interesting red pill-blue pill question would have been posed in front of you.
Suppose, you have a task that usually takes an hour for you to complete. There's a quicker way to complete said task, but you need time to learn the better alternative.
Would you spend 60 minutes on doing it the regular way?
Or would you spend 30 minutes to learn the better method and then 60 minutes to finish your task?
Choosing can be tricky 🤔, but there's a method to this madness, *pun intended.*🤭 If you take those 90 minutes, learn and adopt the better method, it would be an investment that'll pay off heavily in the future.
Philosophical as it sounds, ⏱️ time⏱️ is the biggest asset one holds. Time is precious here at FamPay as well, and the superbly dynamic GenZ environment keeps us on our toes throughout. 🏃🏻♂️Thus, our prime focus while working is to save time through efficient execution. How exactly do we do it? Well, our motto to maximize productivity is: If you use something regularly, use it efficiently.
Following that line of thought, every application and tool used at FamPay has a significant chunk of thought and research behind it that aims to streamline day-to-day tasks and deliver outputs efficiently. 💯
Wondering how we do it? Read on! 👀
Executing Killer Collaborations 👨🏻💻
- Setting up Slack: While the pandemic has proven to be a challenge for teams working from home, it has all the more highlighted the importance of synergy and collaboration. 🤝 Slack is a great business communication platform that has proven to be such an asset to FamPay when it comes to teamwork. Its granular notification management means that you can prioritize which messages need your immediate attention. With Slack, you can pause notifications, mention members, make threads, create reminders and polls, introduce integrations and do endless things that you might need to, while collaborating with the team. 📝
- Nailing tasks on Notion: If you're not using this application, you're missing out! 😯 Notion is a great application for documentation, notes, creating databases and everything you might need to work on a project together. With Notion, the team can update the status of tasks, update documents, embed results and so much more. The synergy that it creates is mind-blowing.🙌
- Collaborating by the Calendar: Google Calendar, when used to its full potential, can prove to be your go-to tool for task management. Instead of using it as your personal check-list of daily meetings, use it in-sync with your team to create efficient timelines for tasks and set meetings with ease. 💁♂️ If Google Calendar doesn't really float your boat, Around is another great option to infuse enthusiasm into your video meetings. 🗓️
Get Things Done 🤹
- Enhancing your e-mail environment: A major chunk of communication revolves around e-mailing on the regular, thus making it super important to handle it well.📨 Inbox Zero is an interesting approach to e-mail management, which essentially aims at keeping your email empty, or close to empty at all times. 🚮 This prevents you from hoarding junk or obsolete e-mails in your inbox, saving your time and energy that you might spend sifting through these e-mails to find relevant information. Another great way to tackle the daily inflow of e-mails is to maintain multiple inboxes, that help you categorize and prioritize your tasks and projects. 🤩
- Armor of applications: The first step to ensuring task management is to choose an assemblage of great applications for your team to work with. 💻 These aren't necessarily premium and costly applications, but rather the ones that fit your team's needs like a glove. 🧤 Matter-of-factly, FamPay has been a huge supporter, advocate and user of open-source applications and software. We have been using some great applications like Google: Sheets, Docs, Drive; Figma, Click-up and Whimsical to collaborate on projects in real-time. 👨💻
Recognizing real assets 📈 AKA Fam 🥰
- Inviting the ideas: FamPay recognizes that our most prized tool is our team, The Famstars themselves. With different people of varied profiles, there's always scope for a new recommendation, experience or story. 💡 Our founders always encourage us to constantly ideate and post them on the public channel for everyone to brainstorm and if the suggestion has been implemented, appreciating a member's efforts is sure to make their day.✨
- Encouraging the excitement: The Famstars are filled with energy and excitement, which has to be one of our most cherished asset. 🤩 It comes as no surprise though, as the average age of the team is 24, making sure that every meeting is filled with fresh energy and mind-blowing ideas. The takeaway is to put your faith in talent over experience or age and choose an army of young, energetic minds. Channeling this energy through all-hands meets and knowledge sharing sessions is a must!
- Perks for productivity: It's a great idea to show your appreciation for the team through bonus services and subscriptions that might further enhance their skill set. ✨ Anything to make the team feel appreciated, big or small, counts. 🤗 Here at FamPay, the team has access to great subscriptions like the Calm app, Medium, The Ken and Masterclass. The team learns something new and also feels appreciated, such a win-win! 😍
That's a wrap for this productivity guide brought to you by FamStars! Want to share how you do it better? Drop a hi at firstname.lastname@example.org